[Shorewall-devel] A Gift for Tom - Send him your local beers

Alexander Wilms alex.wilms at adminguru.org
Mon May 23 11:35:20 PDT 2005

Hi Folks,

this is quite OT for a firewall users/devel list, but probably you like this
idea.

Around 2 month ago Tom helped me with a - at least for me - mythical problem
in my company's network. With his patience, knowledge and some "network
magic" he could solve my problems within minutes. (Erghh, I was searching for
a solution a full day long. And this wasn't the first time he helped me
personally. I asked him if he likes beer and the answer was a short and
clear: Yep!

So I decided to send him some variants of German beer. I think he liked it, so
he send me this link today:

http://shorewall.net/images/Bier.jpg

So I think he would like the idea of extending his collection of international
beers with the help of his users.
Guys, I think it would be a nice (and practical - you all know, beer is
healthy :-) ) way to thank him for the last years of Shorewall development,
all the high quality documentation and support. I guess it made live easier
for many of us.

Those of you who think that this is a nice idea can contact me privately by
mail and I will give you Tom's snail mail address.
Those who prefer the networkers style: "whois shorewall.net" :-)

I hope many of you will contribute to pay a bit back to him what he gave to
us.

Thank you,
Alexander Wilms
alex.wilms at adminguru.org