Re[6]: [Shorewall-users] giving up on "/var/lib/shorewall/lock"

Nerijus Baliunas nerijus@users.sourceforge.net
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:39:04 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 06:25:26 -0700 (PDT) Tom Eastep <teastep@shorewall.net> wrote:

> > Does it mean shorewall will wait 60 seconds for lock file to disappear,
> > then, if it is still here, restart shorewall anyway?
>
> The mutex code is generic -- after 60 seconds, it will issue a message and
> return to the caller.

So nothing changes, except timeout (mutex) is configurable? Operator still
has to be near?

> > BTW, another idea - shorewall could check the timestamp of lock file,
> > and, say, if it's older than few minutes, restart anyway?
>
> Not so easy in a portable shell script me thinks...

Hmm, as you support only Linux, I don't think it is so difficult.
And it seems to be the only way then, if mutex is not what I thought.

Regards,
Nerijus