[Shorewall-users] Newcomer needs to build 3-wire firewall

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Thu Jun 5 06:58:39 PDT 2003

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:54:17 +0800, <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, G. Armour Van Horn wrote:

>> So, will Shorewall support a real DMZ? And is the version on the how-to
>> the version of the how-to, or does it mean I need to have a different
>> version of Shorewall to run it?
>
> Yes, Shorewall supports setting up a "real" DMZ.
>
> Run the most recent version of Shorewall.  Shorewall-1.4.4b.
>
> Also, since you are new, we would like to point out that if you encounter
> problems you should first visit the links "FAQs", "Thing to try if it
> doesn't work", and "Getting help or Answers to Questoins".  All these
> links are located in the left-hand frame.

Also, the original poster should READ the text at the top of
http://www.shorewall.net/shorewall_quickstart_guide.htm -- it specifically
says that the 3-interface quickstart guide is for users with *one* external
IP address and that users with multiple publish addresses should use
http://www.shorewall.net/shorewall_setup_guide.htm.

Shoreline,     \ http://www.shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net