[Shorewall-users] shorewall + tos + netbios

Luca Andreoli l.andreoli at kelyansmc.it
Mon Jun 9 19:02:26 PDT 2003

Hi Tom,
   How are u?
hehehe
I have a question.
I have 2 pc with redhat 9.0 configured with ipsec freeswan 1.99 (vpn)
and i have to tranfer file from one to the othert one.
I see that ftp tranfer have a throughtput is the double than a netbios
tranfer... why???
I supposed the problem is the TOS.(/etc/shorewall/tos) and i modified
the file like ftp... in this method.

#SOURCE DEST            PROTOCOL        SOURCE PORTS    DEST PORTS      TOS
all     all             tcp             -               ssh             16
all     all             tcp             ssh             -               16
all     all             tcp             -               ftp             16
all     all             tcp             ftp             -               16
all     all             tcp             ftp-data        -               8
all     all             tcp             -               ftp-data        8
all     all             tcp             netbios-ns      -               8
all     all             tcp             -               netbios-ns      8
all     all             tcp             netbios-ssn     -               8
all     all             tcp             -               netbios-ssn     8

but don't work and have the same result.
like the pic..
do you have a suggest?

thankx a lot..
Luca

Andreoli Luca
System Support Division
Kelyan SMC S.p.a. - Franco Bernabè Group
E-Mail: l.andreoli at kelyansmc.it