[Shorewall-users] Log analyzers

Micha Silver Micha at arava.co.il
Thu Jun 12 17:46:37 PDT 2003

I saw a recommendation on one of the SecurityFocus lists for a firewall log
analyzer called fwAnalog (a shell script based on  analog). Has anyone had
any experience with this program? Good, bad or otherwise.
I installled it onto one FW machine running shorewall 1.4.2 and it gave
pretty nice results, with pie charts in html pages, etc, straight away.

After all the grief that Tom had with Fireparser a few months back, I
hesitate to throw YALA (Yet Another Log Analyzer) into the ring. But this
one seems easy to run, and gives well organized data for all DROPed packets.

Cheers,
Micha