[Shorewall-users] Oracle SQL*Net through Shorewall

Juan Jose Ledesma Poveda juanjl at meta4.com
Fri Jun 13 14:50:28 PDT 2003

	Hello all,
	I am a newbie to Linux firewalls, and am trying to setup shorewall to allow connections from an Oracle client to an Oracle Server. The client tries to connect to the server via port 1521 (it works fine) and once the first connection has been successful, the server sends a redirect to the client to a random high port. So, when the client tries to connect again to the sevrer on that port the connection is not allowed. The only way I've found (which I don´t like) is to open all ports from the client to the server. I've googled for some days and found no way to do it.
	Any advice please?

	This is my rules and log file (IP addresses faked)

	Rules:
	ACCEPT  loc:w.x.y.z    net:a.b.c.d                    tcp     1024:65535

	And this is the log file:

Jun 13 10:29:22 firewall kernel: Shorewall:loc2net:DROP:IN=eth1 OUT=eth0 SRC=w.x.y.z DST=a.b.c.d LEN=44 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=127 ID=4040
 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=1358 DPT=1696 WINDOW=8192 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0

	Regards