[Shorewall-users] Problems With NAT/Multi IPs Settings... Sho rewall 2.2

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Mon Feb 7 14:12:52 PST 2005

Dan Mayer wrote:

> -----Original Message-----
> From: shorewall-users-bounces at lists.shorewall.net
> [mailto:shorewall-users-bounces at lists.shorewall.net]On Behalf Of Tom
> Eastep
> Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 4:30 PM
> To: Mailing List for Shorewall Users
> Cc: 'teknion at xvi.com'
> Subject: Re: [Shorewall-users] Problems With NAT/Multi IPs Settings...
> Sho rewall 2.2
>
> So I shouldn't even use ifconfig even?

I wouldn't use ifconfig under any circumstances since its use is
deprecated. To try to make it clear:

Choice A:

	o Configure ALL IP addresses on ALL INTERFACES using the GUI
	o Set ADD_IP_ALIASES=No in shorewall.conf

Choice B:

	o Configure all PRIMARY IP addresses on ALL INTERFACES using the GUI.
	o Set ADD_IP_ALIASES=Yes in shorewall.conf
	o (Optional) - specify an alias in /etc/shorewall/nat entries.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net