[Shorewall-users] Odd proxy problems

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Sat Feb 12 10:02:04 PST 2005

Tech-Mind wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>    *
>>
>>      NAT_ENABLED=Yes (Shorewall versions earlier than 1.4.6)
>>    *
>>

> Was unable to find the above setting in the shorewall.conf

Exactly what do you think that "Shorewall versions earlier than 1.4.6"
means? Hint: You are running Shorewall version 2.2.0.

>>      IP_FORWARDING=On"
>

> Found this one, and set it 'On'
>
> Still unable to forward from windows
>
> Any ideas?

Well, given that you missed the above red-arrow step, it is likely that
you missed more (For example, have you set the Windows box's default
gateway to the internal IP address of the firewall (192.168.20.1)?).

I suggest that you go back through them and check them again.

Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net