[Shorewall-users] Having a very restricted access policy

Oenus Tech Services oenustech at oenus.com
Fri Mar 11 02:53:58 PST 2005

Hi there,

I'm not sure if I can do this with shorewall, but any points on the
right direction would be of great help...

I need to have a LAN with access only enabled to certain set of
computers. I was planning on having the dhcp server just give IPs to
certain MAC addresses, but if a smart guy configures his computer
manually with a valid IP for the LAN he can get access to the LAN
anyway. I neeed this guy NOT to access the LAN in ANY WAY unless his eth
device is on the MAC list. Can this be accomplish in with shorewall? If
not, can someody point me on the right direction to accomplish this?

Thanks very much in advance,

Ignacio