[Shorewall-users] Shorewall wireless acccess point

Kyle Peterson kpeterson at hermies.net
Mon Mar 14 06:19:05 PST 2005

Right now I have a Shorewall firewall protecting a local network with a VPN tunnel between a remote subnet.  In total I have 3 zones; net, vpn, and loc.  I want to know if it is possible to add a wireless NIC to my server and have it act as a wireless access point for my laptop.  I would want to use a separate zone for the wireless client(s) and I would plan on using an encrypted IPSEC tunnel between the wireless client and the access point (Shorewall server).  Is this even possible?  If so, where do I begin looking?  I am unable to find any documentation on the matter.

Thanks.