[Shorewall-users] smb, vmware trouble?

Reimar Bauer R.Bauer at fz-juelich.de
Thu Mar 17 13:09:24 PST 2005

Dear all

We are using a definition of rules which has perfectly worked with SuSE8.2 and
vmware and a local samba on some clients.

The systems got an update to 9.2.

Now we got a very strange problem which probably could belong to an firewall
definition problem.
After booting of the system the samba connection to vmware works perfect but a
few hours later it isn't possible to copy a file to the vmware share. But it
is possible to move a file. In the log files I see a lot of error message
about broadcasting to the samba net adress

Is this a known problem any hints are welcome.

Reimar Bauer

--
Forschungszentrum Juelich
email: R.Bauer at fz-juelich.de
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg-i/
a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Juelich
http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg-i/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html