[Shorewall-users] clarification: Port Forward

mynullvoid mynullvoid at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 19:16:36 PST 2005

Ops! typo... mine is 9922 and yours will be

Port 1022

mynullvoid <mynullvoid at yahoo.com> wrote:
Assuming SSH

had you set /etc/ssh/sshd_config : Port 9922

TGS wrote:
I am missing a tiny detail on understanding a simple port forward:

I want to forward just like the FAQ listed, via

#ACTION SOURCE DEST PROTO DEST PORT
DNAT net loc:192.168.1.3:22 tcp 1022

Which works just fine. Now I also tried this following type of rule,
which I thought would work, but it did not.

#ACTION SOURCE DEST PROTO DEST-PORT SOURCE-PORT
ORIGINAL-DEST
DNAT net loc:192.168.1.3 tcp 22 1022
123.123.123.123

Now I wondering why it does not? Are the two equivalent?

http://www.debian.org/consultants/#Malaysia

http://www.debian.org/consultants/#Malaysia